This is an invitation to a Shrewsbury Growing Forward Forum on Saturday 19th January, 2pm to 4pm in the Guildhall, University Centre Shrewsbury.
In the Spring of 2018 ‘Shrewsbury Growing Forward’ was established out of a well-attended conference organised by Cllr. Jane McKenzie and Shrewsbury Civic Society. This discussed a wide range of issues including housing need, infrastructure issues, building design & quality, and community consultation and participation. The areas for further work developed there are summarised in the delegate booklet for January 19th, attached.
Since then things have moved on: the Big Town Plan has been finalised, and meanwhile the first phase of consultation on additional sites for development is underway, which will eventually result in a revised ‘Local Plan’ – to be adopted by early 2020. This will shape the town’s growth for many years to come.
This makes 2019 a crucial year if we wish to see new ways of doing things in future developments.
The forum will be an opportunity to:
• Hear about Shropshire Councils current thinking on infrastructure, design quality and community involvement.
• Understand where and when communities can have their say about how Shropshire should manage these issues.
• Revisit and review what we think should be the priority areas for doing things better.
• Plan for a coordinated response as the Local Plan review and Big Town Plan unfold.
• Discuss how best to respond to the current consultation, which completes at the end of January.
To book a place please use the Eventbrite link provided.
Cllr. Julian Dean, Chair; Shrewsbury Growing Forward.